March has arrived in style to Western PA this year. We have enjoyed some beautiful weather. Many times March gives a snow storms that really dump a ton of snow on us. The snow doesn't last long, but it is a dumping none the less. This year, at least so far, we have been snow-free. Of course, it's not over and it has been known to snow in April. March could go out like a lion.
Our beautiful weather has started things happening in the garden. A trip out the other day to dump compost revealed some "pink" showing from the ground in the rhubarb patch and a neat row of green tips poking through the soil where I planted my garlic last fall. The lilacs are getting buds, too. I am getting anxious to plant peas.
Taking advantage of the warm weather this morning, I hung out clothes and enjoyed my devotions in the sun. I wasn't out all that long, but I managed to acquire a pink nose and cheeks. My skin, along with the rest of me, has to get used to all this sunshine!
The retirement papers were signed today...again. Lord willing, for the last time. The final letter needs to be signed and then there is no going back. We will then see what God has planned for the next phase of our lives.
Teach me to be resigned to thy will, to delight in thy law, to have no will but thine, to believe that everything thou doest is for my good.
Help me to leave my concerns in thy hands, for thou hast power over evil, and bringest from it an infinite progression of good, until thy purposes are fulfilled.
--an excerpt from The Valley of Vision entitled Divine Promises
With all that is going on in our country these days, I need to remember those lines. God is in control. He has a plan, I may not understand it and I am only able to see my small part in the big picture, but I have to trust and hang on to His promises. He wins! He has already defeated evil.
1 comment:
May he bless your journey!
Post a Comment