Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Happiness Arrives in the Mailbox

It is not even December and Johnny's Seed Catalog has arrived!



It used to be that my mom would say that the Sears or JC Penney Spring/Summer catalog would arrive on the coldest day of the year.  (It is not that cold today...yet.  The wind is picking up and the weather people are forecasting a wee bit of snow.)

Being that I still have the remains of Thanksgiving that need to be dealt with, this lovely catalog filled with colors and great ideas arrives today to tempt me away from my chores.


Even though we have had plenty of rain and our yard is still very green, it is nice to see some color.



Right after Christmas cards, decorating, baking, more cleaning and presents purchased and...well you get the idea...sometime in January, I'll get my list started for next season's purchases.


O God of the Highest Heaven,

...O help me then to walk worthy of thy love,
   of my hopes, and my vocation.
Keep me, for I cannot keep myself;
Protect me that no evil befall me;
Let me lay aside every sin admired of many;
Help me to walk by thy side, lean on thy arm,
   hold converse with thee,
That henceforth I may be salt of the earth and a blessing to all.
--an excerpt from Regeneration, from The Valley of Vision

No comments: