...Tomato soup that is. There were a few poor tomatoes that needed a home. Since it is raining, again, my husband was here to help with the cutting and squeezing.
I found a similar recipe to the one I use online only it had beets in it. (They call it a "vegetable juice cocktail", but we use it as a soup.) Being that my husband was being so helpful and that he loves beets, we decided to run a pint of our beets through the food processor and dump them in with the other veggies. We thought that it might be a bit more purple, but it wasn't. We'll see how we like it when we open a jar.
We were able to can another 11 jars today for the winter. We are both so thankful to have our canning shelves getting full.
Father of Mercies,
Hear me for Jesus' sake,
I am sinful even in my closest walk with the;
it is of thy mercy I died not long ago;
Thy grace has given me faith in the cross
by which thou hast reconciled thyself to me
and me to the,
drawing me by thy great love,
reckoning me as innocent in Christ though guilty in myself.
Giver of all graces,
I look to thee for strength to maintain them in me,
for it is hard to practise what I believe.
--an excerpt from Grace in Trials from the book, The Valley of Vision
No comments:
Post a Comment