Friday, December 2, 2011

Frosted Friday

The sky was beautiful and clear--full of stars last night.  Driving home from a meeting last night, I could see the frost forming when I looked at the bright parking lot lights.  It was almost as if it was "raining" frost. This morning, everything looked as if it had a light coat of snow, but it was frost!

Frosted hedges



Frost on our Burning Bushes


It certainly made things a bit chilly for hanging out some sheets.  Even the clothesline was covered with frost!

O LORD,
No day of my life has passed
   that has not proved me guilty in thy sight.
Prayers have been uttered from a prayerless heart;
Praise has been often praiseless sound;
My best services are filthy rags....
...I appeal from the throne of perfect justice
   to thy throne of boundless grace,
Grant me to hear thy voice assuring me;
   that by thy stripes I am healed,
   that by thy stripes I am healed,
   that thou wast bruised for my iniquities,
   that thou hast been made sin for me
      that I might be righteous in thee,
   that my grievous sins, my manifold sins,
      are all forgiven,
      buried in the ocean of thy concealing blood....
...Open to me the springs of divine knowledge,
   sparkling like crystal,
   flowing clear and unsullied
   through my wilderness of life.

--an excerpt from The Broken Heart, from The Valley of Vision






No comments: