Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Snow

Well we did wake up to a beautiful snow-covered lawn. Not much, but just enough. The roads were just wet, though.

My sister-in-law and I were busy again today packing and cleaning at my in-laws place. There is just so much that needs to be pitched. It is so frustrating for me. Their new place is so much smaller, but their Depression mentality is overwhelming. I just have no idea how they are going to handle so much in their new place. It is just not healthy for them. My mom-in-law is not handling the stress well. She should not be doing all that she is doing. If she would only let us just do it and relax. I am concerned for her. It makes me want to make sure that I don't leave that kind of mess for my kids.

Keeping so many things is a sickness, I think. If you are not enjoying them, what good are they when they are packed away in boxes. Let someone else enjoy it, if you are not. Live simply.

"From Calvary's cross wave upon wave of grace reaches me, deals with my sin, washes me clean, renews my heart and strengthens my will, draws out my affection, kindles a flame in my soul...consecrates my every thought, word, work and teaches me thy immeasurable love." Valley of Vision, Privileges

2 comments:

vince said...

"Privileges" is a beautiful prayer. Matt Giles has written a worship song called "The Grace Of My God (Wave Upon Wave)" inspired by the prayer with a verse melody based on some Brahms music. You can hear it at www.myspace.com/mattgilesmelodies

Lyrics:
The grace of my God; an unbreakable chain,
For those He redeems, He in grace will sustain.
I will treasure the cross and rejoice in the Prize
This unspeakable Gift! This the gospel of Christ!

Without Him my eyes would be downcast in guilt,
And in trembling shame would me lips have been sealed.
Yet my mouth fills with praise, when I call on His name,
And my eyes may delight in the wonders of Christ!

Chorus:
Yes, wave upon wave of grace reaches me,
He deals with my sin and He washes me clean.
And each accusation is drowned by His blood,
For Jesus has paid with immeasurable love!

Without Him is hell, where His wrath will consume,
In perpetual fire: an eternity doomed.
Yet in Him is all love, and my soul is at rest,
For hell’s gates have been barred through His glorious death!

Without Him the darkness is all I can see,
And the terror of sin would abound within me.
Yet a boundless horizon of glory is mine,
When Christ in the depths of my heart is all light!

By grace my affection is drawn to the Lord,
And by grace I’m renewed by the power of His word.
It is grace that will strengthen my will and resolve
To live for my Christ ‘til I kneel at His throne!


Words and Music by Matt Giles
Lyrics inspired by a Puritan Prayer: “Privileges”, Anon from “The Valley of Vision”
Verse melody based on Brahms Intermezzo Op. 177, No. 1.
© 2008 Honeycomb Music Publishing Ltd

lsjohnson said...

Vince~
Thanks so much for the letting me know about the music! I love the lyrics.

I appreciate you taking the time to write out the lyrics for me!and for stopping by.