Saturday, October 16, 2010

Inversion Update

It is going to be a busy day today.  Sheets are in the washing machine as we "speak" and there is more to wash.  I've also been invited to a Quilt Show this afternoon.  It has been quite some time since I've been to a show, so this will be a treat.  Along with spending time with a new friend.

The Inversion Table that we bought has been very helpful.  I'm trying to use it twice a day for about 3-5 minutes.  The last few days it has only been once a day for about 5 minutes.  The days have been slipping by quickly.  It seems I wake up behind schedule!  Anyway, it seems to give my hip some relief and I am seeing improvement in my ability to walk longer distances.  I hope this helps.  It was beginning to look like I needed an handicap sign for the car!

O LORD GOD,
There is no blessing we implore but thou art able to give,
   hast promised to give,
   hast given already to countless multitudes,
   all unworthy and guilty like ourselves;...
Let us be at thy disposal for the duties and events of life,
   submit our preferences to thy wisdom and will,
   resign our enjoyments if thou shouldest require it
      as our absolute proprietor and best friend....
Help us to be in the Spirit on the Lord's Day,
   to enter upon the sabbath mindful of its solemnities, duties,
   privileges,
    setting all things worldly aside while we worship thee.
--an excerpt from FUTURE BLESSINGS, Seventh Day Evening, from The Valley of Vision

No comments: