It is another brisk and snowy morning here. Yet, I must be thankful that we did not get near as much snow as our neighbors in Butler County or even up in Grove City, where my son lives. It seems this little snow storm, with it's lake effect bands, really dumped in some places and yet left others relatively unscathed. Although, since Monday, I have had to shovel and plow each day the couple of inches that came during the late afternoon and evening giving the appearance that I had done nothing at all in the morning hours.
This morning, when I went out, I was greeted with a sweet smell. At first I couldn't put my finger (nose) on it, but then it came to me...wood smoke. I looked around at the neighbors' chimneys until I spotted the lovely smoke rising like whispers from it's brick surroundings. Then I remembered...Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's fireplace, nor his wood burner, nor the fragrance that emanates thereof. There is yet another sin for which I need to repent.
I miss my wood burner.
Going out to the "big city" today. I haven't been anywhere since Sunday. Haircut, groceries, pharmacy, apple guy (I need cider), food gift delivery and a stop for the hubby at Busy Beaver. Busy day.
Lord, Help me, for I am often lukewarm and chill;
unbelief mars my confidence,
sin makes me forget thee
Let the weeds that grow in my soul be cut at their roots.
--from Resting on God in the book, Valley of Visions
No comments:
Post a Comment