Thursday, September 29, 2011

Apples!!

The plan for tomorrow is for this half bushel of Cortlands:


to become several jars of this:


It is calling for a much cooler day tomorrow...a great day for making applesauce!  The house will be filled with warmth and the delightful scent of freshly squeezed apples.  Almost the perfect day!

Since I'm kinda slow and I'll be by myself, a half bushel is very doable and still not be overly tired and get some other things done, too.  There is another half bushel waiting for me after this one is done.

I'll let you know how things go.

Thy will is in all thy provisions
   to enable me to grow in grace,
   and to be meet for thy eternal presence....
...I entrust myself to thee, for thou hast redeemed me.
I bless and adore thee, the eternal God,
   for the comfort of these thoughts,
     the joy of these hopes.
--an excerpt from Comforts, from The Valley of Vision

No comments: