Monday, November 21, 2011

Family Farms

When I pulled this article from the Drudge Report, I knew it was going to be sad.  Indeed, it is a sad day for America when the small family farms continue to be sold at an alarming rate.  A source of family traditions and rural wisdom that is rapidly disappearing.  It won't be long until the "old ways" are only remembered by a few...and that is when we just might need them.

Wishing everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving!

My God,
...Thy bounteous goodness has helped me believe,
   but my faith is weak and wavering,
   its light dim,
   its steps tottering,
   its increase slow,
   its backslidings frequent;
It should scale the heavens but lies grovelling in the dust.
...Lord, awake faith to put forth its strength
   until all heaven fills my soul
   and all impurity is cast out.
--an excerpt from, Faith, in The Valley of Visions

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Linda:

I have recently become a follower of your lovely blog. The Puritan prayers have been a blessing to me, too.

Re: the loss of family farms...it is indeed disturbing to think about it. How sad for the old-timers when the younger generation choose to go another path. Thankfully, I believe the Lord is moving many of His people to return to an agrarian lifestyle. I believe that the Lord is preparing us for the difficult times ahead.

By the way, I have also added your blog to my sidebar ~smile~.

Grace and peace to you and your family.

lsjohnson said...

Thank you, Brenda, for your kind words...and Welcome!!

It is true that so many may be leaving the family farm, but, as you said, there are many who are wanting to try this new lifestyle. My hope is that they succeed abundantly!!

I am pleased that the Puritan prayers are a blessing to you. I have enjoyed them for years. What great insights these men had!

I must check out your blog! Thanks,again, Brenda.

Blessings,
Linda

Anonymous said...

By the way, thank you so much for kindly following my blog! I look forward to your upcoming posts.