It is a bit chilly! Down into the 40s at night and not getting up to 60 these last few days. We have received some much needed rain, though. No doubt, some time this week my John Deere, Hazel, and I will be out cutting grass.
I seem to be having a hard time this year adjusting to it getting dark sooner. ACK! 7:30 and it's dark! It just seems as if it is 9:30 instead of 7:30.
There has not yet been a frost, but we were able to get the sweet potatoes dug on Friday. They look pretty sad. It must have been the lack of rain when they needed it most. There are a few that are decent size, but the majority are skinny and small. They should make good sweet potato fries!
The carrots were also dug and are all canned. The ones that were saved to eat fresh tasted great.
There is not much left in the garden at this point. Brussels sprouts, broccoli, and I am still holding out some hope that the peppers will come through. As soon as the soil is dry enough, I hope my husband can till the upper (newest part) of the garden under for the winter. The lower part has the peppers in it. We also need to plant our seed garlic pretty soon.
Despite the hot, dry summer, God has provided for us--as always. Just looking at my full cupboards in the basement should be a daily reminder of His goodness, grace and provision.
May I never dally with the world and its allurements,
but walk by thy side,
listen to thy voice,
be clothed with thy graces,
and adorned with thy righteousness.
--an excerpt from Christ is All, from The Valley of Vision
No comments:
Post a Comment