There is just a hint of green under the big pines. The way it is snowing right now, that won't last much longer. The weather man is calling for 3-6 inches. We'll see, of course. He has been known to be wrong once in awhile. It may be that, Hazel, the John Deere will see some action tomorrow morning. At any rate, it is a good night to settle in with a good book or movie.
O LORD GOD, WHO INHABITEST ETERNITY,
The heavens declare thy glory,
The earth thy riches,
The universe in thy temple;
Thy presence fills immensity,
Yet thou has of thy pleasure created life, and communicated
happiness;
Thou has made me what I am, and given me what I have;
In thee I live and move and have my being;
Thy providence has set the bounds of my habitation,
and wisely administers all my affairs....
...Subdue in me the love of sin,
Let me know the need of renovation as well as of forgiveness,
in order to serve and enjoy thee for ever....
...Much of my guilt arises from my religious privileges,
my low estimation of them,
my failure to use them to my advantage,
But I am not careless of thy favour or regardless of thy glory;
Impress me deeply with a sense of thine omnipresence,
that thou art about my path, my ways, my lying down, my end.
--excerpts from God, The Source of All Good, from The Valley of Vision
No comments:
Post a Comment