It has been awhile since I posted anything. It is a busy time for so many and I am among them!
We are excited that all three of our kids and spouses will be here for Christmas. If I don't get another gift, that will do.
Part of my family will be here for brunch--wonderful sister Ann and her family, along with my mom. We started a White Elephant gift exchange a couple of years ago and this has caused some of us year long searches for just the right gift! Keith and I think we have the perfect one!! Later on, the kids will stay for the big deal dinner. Hopefully Keith will be home and not get called out. He has been working the last several years over the Christmas holiday so that the guys with little ones can be home. It is my hope that this is the last one. That retirement will allow for him to be with his kids and grandkids on Christmas. Let's hope everyone in the area behaves themselves! Friday we will have "Game Night" with Keith's family at his sister's!
I still need to make a pumpkin pie and then start cleaning up after myself. Keith's favorite nut cookies are made, which took all afternoon. I still need to run the sweeper and put things away. Stephen arrives this evening...hopefully before the ice storm that is predicted gets here. Emily and Jon arrive sometime tomorrow afternoon. The Aaron, Andrea and Daniel will get come for brunch.
The sheets and towels I hung out this morning are still a bit damp and are thawing in the dining room as best as can be, hung on my clothes drying rack...it is quite a sight! They need to be dry so I can get them back on the bed! At least they will smell so sweet and feel wonderful! Thankfully, the neighbors decided not to light their fireplace. I don't know what they burn that smells so bad!
Remembering that all this busyness is preparing for family, but also harboring in my heart thankfulness for Christ's incarnation. He left his heavenly home and glory to die for us. It is very humbling to think about the Holy Son of God came here. That the good news was first given to shepherds, men who at that time were not even permitted to give testimony in court they were so distrusted. Born in a place where the animals are kept. Born to get his hands dirty working with wood. He became one of us...God with us. Emmanuel.
Best wishes to all of you for a blessed Christmas!
Wonderfully true is this fact: when you and I come to the closing scene of life we will find that Emmanuel, "God with us" (Matt. 1:23), has been there. Chares H. Spurgeon from the devotional. Beside Still Waters
O God, take me in spirit to the watchful shepherds, and enlarge my mind;
let me hear good tidings of great joy, and hearing, believe, rejoice praise, adore, my conscience bathed in an ocean of repose, my eyes uplifted to a reconciled Father; place me with ox, ass, camel, goat, to look with them upon my redeemer's face, and in him account myself delivered from sin; let me with Simeon clasp the new-born child to my heart, embrace him with undying faith, exulting that he is mine and I am his. In him thou hast given me so much that heaven can give no more. Excerpt from The Gift of Gifts from The Valley of Vision
1 comment:
Have a Wonderful time with your family. I wish you peace, love and everything good! God Bless and
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
Post a Comment