Here is a woman with a unique Christmas list! She has a great perspective on purchasing gifts that make sense instead of frivolous items. She has a list of common-sense, long-term use gifts, such as canning jars and lids, a chainsaw and clothes drying rack. I couldn't help but laugh. My poor husband is dealing with a woman who wants a gun and a big rototiller for the Ford tractor on her list! This is very well written and delightful.
http://worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=83454
Maybe its time we all take a second look at what is really important. Not only do we need to re-order our lives to put Christ first, we need to get a better perspective on 'things' and 'stuff'. We are all going to need to ask ourselves hard questions. Our time here is more than the accumulation of "stuff".
I think we also need to be preparing to look after our neighbors. The idea of community needs to be recaptured. One place to start is with the old fashioned front porch...where we used to sit and talk with anyone who passed by, everyone knew each other's kids--and the kids knew it and we invited others to sit a spell....well at least when it warms up a bit. It is no longer healthy for us to isolate ourselves on the deck around back. How about entertaining others. Inviting folks over after church, picnics and game nights. A low-cost, very fun way to entertain and one does not need to be Martha Stewart! I am preaching to myself here! I am woefully lacking here. The desire is there, but I never get it done and I get all 'Martha' thinking that my house isn't good enough...pretty silly. Talk about a respectable sin!
Needless to say, we all need to take a second look at what we need to work on to be more Christ-like and informed. So, what's on your Christmas list? Chickens?
"Here, it is my duty...
...to be Christ in this world, to do what he would do, to live as he would live, to walk in love and meekness; then would he be known, then would I have peace in death." an excerpt from Christ Alone in Valley of Vision
1 comment:
What a wonderful post. I do not have a Christmas list this year, but I have been known to ask for the practical. Most people roll thier eyes at me for being so practical, but what would I do with more jewlery, nicknacks, etc.
It's nice to see that others are as practical as I am.
I hope you get what you asked for this Christmas. :-)
Post a Comment