Whooohooo!! Our financial planner was in today and Keith has authorized a bunch of stuff and we are scheduled to go sign his retirement papers on December 16! Of course, even at that point, we can still back out, but it looks like we are on track to retire on January 9th.
Exciting times. The new year brings much to be excited about...a new pastor and his family--who we already love and a new phase in our lives. It will be exciting to see where God leads us.
Of course, the poor financial planner who has to put up with me wanting to crawl into a hole and cover up. I don't think he quite gets that I've canned enough food for a family of, say 10. I read more and more of women that are concerned about the future of the economy. Why is that??? Are we by nature worriers? Is it a God-given gut feeling? Or, is it what that great theologian, Barry Woolner would say..."gas". :-) The way I figure is that if things get ugly, I am prepared to feed any number of people that need to be with us and/or be fed. If I am dead wrong, I probably won't need to plant beets for the next two years.
Slowly the Christmas decorations are getting put out and the fall ones removed. This weekend is a busy one but I still hope to get the tree out of the box and up. I still have a few gifts to buy and I need to get to it. Things need wrapped up, literally and figuratively, very soon. Plus, there is still sewing to do. There are two aprons to make and one that just needs a pocket and some embellishments added.
I am very thankful for many things today. One is the sunshine. I sat outside and did my devos at lunch. The wind is pretty chilly, but the warm sun on my face was worth putting up with the wind.
"Thou has begun a good work in me and canst alone continue and complete it. Give me an increasing conviction of my tendency to err, and of my exposure to sin....Give me to distinguish between the mere form of godliness and its power,...If I am not right, set me right, keep me right; And may I at last come to thy house in peace." portions from New Beginning from The Valley of Vision
No comments:
Post a Comment