Saturday, October 11, 2008

Another beautiful day in Western PA!

We celebrated our grandson's first birthday here today. The other grandparents, great-grandparents and other family will arrive for dinner and good family time.

Our dear neighbor, Dick, lent me his big tiller for the garden and dropped it off today. While I still remembered how he showed me to start it, I figured I better get at it. It is old, but did a great job and it was a delight to be preparing the soil, for next spring's planting. The plan is to put the garlic in on Monday. So that will be a jump on the first things that are planted! It feels good to get in the dirt again.

My devos from Tabletalk today included an article by Joel Beeke. At the end he talked of the sin of pride (which fits in with our Sunday School study). He says, "Learn to say every day: 'I am a sinner, a servant, a small one, and a saint.'" Sounds like a great weapon against pride.

Along with that was my reading from The Valley of Vision, Lord's Day Eve. There was a short paragraph that I thought was relavant: "In what condition would secret reviews of my life leave me were it not for the assurance that with thee there is plenteous redemption, that thou art a forgiving God, that thou mayest be feared!"

It's nice to take a break from the onslaught of news about the economy. I feel better just NOT thinking about it....must have been the Snickers bar.

Blessings.
Linda

No comments: