Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I love Wednesdays and Saturdays because it's Farmer's Market Day! During the growing season there are a delightful group of people who bring their fresh fruits and veggies and baked goods and flowers. It is a step back into a simpler time for me just to mill around and feel connected to a community. There were not many folks there today. The 'Apple Guy' is the main attraction now. I bought pears and some apples and CIDER. He makes great, real cider. Not the pasturized stuff. The apples are neatly displayed in graduated sized red baskets with the names of the apple variety in the front. It is a colorful display of a still life piece of art of country living.

Things are a bit slower today...thank goodness. I was able to gather rose hips and they are in the oven drying now. When they are dry, I'll crunch them up and use them in tea (thank you, Carla Emery and your Old Fashioned Recipe Book). The are chalk full of Vitamin C. I did leave some for the animals. It looks like there is a bumper crop this year. I may get a few more to decorate. They are a beautiful red.

Keith has a long weekend and is busy putting the finishing touches on the furnace (we hope). The rest of the week looks busy. I hope to get the shopping done tomorrow and cook Friday for the weekend!!!

Friday is the church's Fall Harvest Party. Since we are Presbyterians, there will be more food than people. :-) There will be square dancing and good friends and fellowship. It's always a grand time.

I finished an apron!! I haven't made one since 7th grade! It's a 40s-50s type fabric with little cherries on it. The idea came from reading Kris Ante's blog. She sells cute aprons. Hopefully, I won't be afraid to get it dirty, but I really like it...It has pockets!!!

If you are reading Respectable Sins, and have read Chapter 7, ...what can I say...I'm a horrible sinner and there appears to be no end to it. Thanks be to God for his unspeakable gift.

"O God of the Highest Heaven, occupy the throne of my heart, take full possession and reign supreme, lay low every rebel lust, let no vile passion resist thy holy war; manifest thy mighty power, and make me thine for ever." Valley of Vision, Regeneration

Pray for our country to repent and be wise in what you choose to do.

Blessings,

No comments: