Today was a fun Applesauce Day with Andrea and little Daniel. While Daniel didn't "help" he certainly was helpful by being so good at entertaining himself.
We did a bushel of Jonagold, which I've never done before. They turned out great and she was pleased to get 17 jars. I was so glad to be able to help her. I remember trying to can with a big belly and being tired. One regret I have is that my mom was not more helpful. With three kids and so much responsibility around the house--inside and out--it would have been nice to have someone with which to do canning. I really want to be there for my family in whatever way I can be. My talents may not be amazing, but I don't mind helping do this kind of stuff. I admire the Amish who get together to do these things. Why don't we have more of a sense of community and do these things together? It's more fun to have a friend or two around. It makes a long day go fast and a day with friends is always a good day. Why not get a couple friends and split a bushel or two at the end of a day? Laura and I used to split a bushel, but now her family is growing and she needs that bushel. I'm more than happy to be with her and the kids for the day to help! Maybe, when I grow up, I can be a professional canner :-)!
It was a beautiful fall day, again, and Daniel and I took a walk in the leaves. He loved to hear them crunch under his feet. We checked out the neighbor's horses and a pinecone that was a present for his mom....a good walk.
And about the election...while I struggle to understand what people were thinking, I have to hold on to God being sovereign. Without that I would be so depressed. No doubt, things are going to 'change', and I am pretty sure I'm not going to like the changes, it is my job to be faithful and live like a Christian in a culture that seems to forget that it was once Christian. It will be good to remember and be reminded how the early church had to live and how they loved their neighbors and each other. Or Daniel and how they were instructed to live in exile. It will be interesting to see what God is going to do. Is the church being disciplined? Is the country being disciplined? Will the church get it's bearings and grow stronger? We may not live to see God's full purpose fulfilled, but we know that all things work together for good and His glory, that we are His and cannot be snatched out of His hand and that His promises are true.
My good friend, Karen, has this beautiful painted verse on her wall, "God is the blessed controller of all things". He is in control. Always and forever with every thing.
"Believer, the events of history march as a victorious legion under a skillful leader. Do not think we can order our affairs in better style. " C. H. Spurgeon
Keep the faith and don't stop praying for our country and His Church,
No comments:
Post a Comment