Dr. Hendrickson at Grove City College has a great piece on the effects of affluence on civilization. He also gives some great reasons to be thankful.
Another piece to check out is by Judi McLeod. She writes about the current government and its ties.
The new world devised by Maurice Strong and George Soros, http://canadafreepress.com/
We are fortunate enough to be getting some meat for our freezer from a local farmer in a couple weeks. Knowing that our freezer needed, shall we say, help, I set about at cleaning it out and trying to get it organized. While I am pleased that we have room now for our meat, I am ashamed that I needed to throw away so much. Frozen veggies that were unrecognizable. Food that had "01" marked on it. I desperately need to do better about using what I have and get my freezer under control. What has happened is sinful and wasteful. There was chicken that I knew we were not going to be able to use before it had freezer burn. So this evening I figured I better get it canned. Thankfully, I was able to can six quarts of chicken. There is stew meat in the freezer, too, but that will have to wait for another day.
"Thy understanding in infinite; I know nothing as I ought to know. Thou canst not behold evil; I am vile. In my ignorance, weaakness, fears, depressions, may thy Spirit help my infirmities with supplies of wisdom, strength and comfort. Let me faithfully study my character, be willing to bring it to light, observe myself in my trials, judge the reality and degree of my grace, consider how I have been ensnared or overcome. Grant that I may never trust my heart, depend upon any past experiences, magnify any present resolutions, but be strong in the grace of Jesus..." excerpt from Self-Noughting, Valley of Visions
No comments:
Post a Comment